Get Married at Island Farm
The large 400-year old live oak at Island Farm provides a beautiful location for a wedding. Wedding ceremonies at Island Farm are held exclusively in this area, which is away from the regular bustle of daily farm activities. We are happy to accommodate ceremonies up to 100 people but, alas, do not have facilities for receptions. A wedding reservation includes admission to the living history farm for you and your guests. A ox-drawn wagon ride is sometimes available for brides and/or grooms by prior arrangement and for an additional charge.
To reserve tentatively the live oak area at Island Farm for a wedding ceremony, please call a Site Manager, at (252) 473-6500 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fee of $500 is required in order to book a wedding for 50 or fewer participants; the fee for additional guests is $6 each.
The tentative date and time will be confirmed in writing upon receipt of the fee and two original signed copies of the Wedding Agreement. Final plans must be confirmed with the site manager two weeks prior to the scheduled date.
Click here to download the Wedding Agreement in PDF format.
Wedding Ceremony Policies:
- Ceremony shall be scheduled between 10am – 4pm, Wednesday – Saturday, April – November.
- Ceremony shall take place in a designated area of the Farm, within the area of the Etheridge Live Oak.
- Ceremony set-up and take-down shall take place on the day of the wedding.
- Chairs, decor and music supplies may be delivered to the site from the Etheridge Graveyard on Etheridge Road where short-term parking is available during loading and unloading.
- Wedding party and guest parking is available at the Visitor Center.
- Bird seed may be used: but rice, confetti or other materials are prohibited because of Farm chickens.
- No nails, tacks or tape will be allowed on any trees. These items could damage them.
- Portable music or small ensembles are allowed within the terms of the Wedding Ceremony Agreement.
- Staff makes every effort to maintain a tidy site, but the ceremony site is provided “as is.”
- Staff members will be on-site and the site will be open to the public.
- Motorized vehicles are limited to paved roads, the shoulders of paved roads and gravel parking areas.
- Restrooms are available at the Visitors Center (but because of public access, they are not available for dressing).
- Guests may visit the entire historic Farm and shall walk from parking to ceremony area.
- Island Farm can accommodate ceremonies up to 100 participants.
Dare County Register of Deeds can provide information about a marriage license. They can be reached at 252.475.5970.